Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ok So Either I'm Pregnant Or .... Autumn Is On It's Way!


You've probably the noticed the subtle changes happening, the nights are drawing in, and even though we are having sunny days, and there's a slight chill in the morning. Changes are afoot. I've also started big time cooking in the kitchen - baking, casseroling and basically stockpiling.. This only really happens on 2 occasions 1 when I'm expecting and 2 as we head into autumn... I can assure you there are no Lil Vintage-ettes on the way so it must be autumn!

Yay my fave season! I love it all, nights drawing in - lighting candles in the evening, leaves falling, picking blackberries, apple days, guy fawkes night and Halloween. You'll find notice the difference in the www.Lilvintagemakes.com/store too. Autumn brings tweed and wools all snuggly, and warm. My first autumn offering is my new moustache purse....

 you can buy it here


 And before I go, a nice autumnal recipe for you to try... Apple and blackberry sponge pudding

Ingredients

Filling
3 eating Apples
3 small cups Blackberries
Sugar  to taste

Sponge
175g butter/margerine

175g caster sugar
eggs, beaten
175g self-raising flour


Method
Peel Core and Chop Apples and place in dish. Add blackberries and sweeten to taste with sugar (1 - 2 teaspoons).
In a separate bowl mix butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time then  mix in flour, for form a cake batter.
Pour sponge mix over fruit and cook  at 175 deg.C for 20 minutes until cooked through and golden.

Serve hot with cream, ice cream or custard. 
Also can be served cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment