Wednesday 8 May 2013

Baking Day - Best Ever Brownies



At the weekend I fancied a baking day, not sure what to bake I threw my facebook page open to suggestions! I soon had lots of scrumptious ideas to try..
With limited store cupboard ingredients I decided brownies sounded best.
Two things stood out though
1. I realise I had never made them before, and
2. Those who had suggested them also stated that 'they couldn't bake them though'!

Oh dear! Always up for a challenge and now with the vision of a delicious gooey brownie with my afternoon coffee I decided  to go for it! Me being me of course I changed the recipe I found 
(although this time I remembered to write it down as I went along!)

They turned out to be absolutely delicious  so even if you don't think you can cook Brownies give these a go and you'll have a little piece of chocolate heaven in under 30 minutes!

Ingredients

110g Melted Butter
200g Sugar
60g Cocoa
1 tspVanilla Extract
2 Eggs
110g Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt



Method

Mix ingredients together in order listed
Transfer to a greased, deep baking tin approx 6" x 8"
Bake in oven 180 degrees C 
Test after 16 minutes by shaking the pan slightly, if the middle wobbles leave in for another 2 minutes
Remove from oven and loosen edges away from sides.
Leave to cool in tin. Cut into squares and serve.







Although I did get a strange feeling that I was being watched whilst we ate them!!




No comments:

Post a Comment